- Sifted wheat flour 350-380 gr (depending on the consistency of the dough, you may need a little less or a little more flour)
- Egg 2 pcs.
- Milk 150 ml
- Yeast 7 g (2 tsp)
- Butter 100 gr
- Vanillin ¼ tsp
- Sugar 120 gr
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Zest of 1 lemon to taste
- Raisins 150 gr + 1/3 tablespoon flour
- Main Ingredients: Milk, Yeast Dough
1. In warm milk add yeast, 1 tsp. sugar and a little flour, mix well and leave for 10 minutes to activate the yeast. A foam cap should appear on top.
2. In warm (not hot!) Butter, add 2 eggs, salt, vanillin, sugar. Stir until smooth. Combine milk with egg-oil mixture, mix until smooth. Introduce the flour.
I advise you not to add the whole rate of flour at once, but to focus on the consistency of the dough, it should be like thick sour cream. Depending on the moisture of the flour and the size of the eggs, a little more or a little less flour may be needed.
3. Leave the dough in a warm place for 2-2.5 hours. The dough should rise well, increase by 2-2.5 times in volume. Settle the dough by stirring it with a spoon.
4. Pour boiling water over raisins for 10 minutes, then drain the water and dry well with paper towels. Add a little flour to the dried raisins, mix so that the whole raisins are covered with flour.
5. Stir the raisins into the dough. Put the dough into 4 tins with a diameter of 9 cm, put about 230-240 grams of dough into each tin. Soaked in water with a spoon, level the top of the cakes. Cover with a towel and leave them to rise in a warm place until they occupy almost the entire volume of the form. In my case, it took 1.5 hours.
6. My cakes came up in the oven, preheated to 50 degrees, then turned off. Without getting cakes from the oven, turn on the oven 170 degrees. I put the forms on the lower level. If the cakes are reddened too quickly, then cover them with foil. Bake for 25-35 minutes.
7. To give ready-made Easter cakes to cool completely and only then apply glaze. Such Easter cakes are stale faster than Easter cakes, so I recommend cooking just before Easter, for example, on Saturday.